R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: AKG D12, D17, D20, D25 and M410...  (Read 33806 times)

panman

Re: D12, D17 and M410...
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2007, 09:49:20 AM »

matucha wrote on Sun, 20 May 2007 01:24

...it would be very nice if you'd resize the images to some reasonable size... it made the thread almost unreadable. Thanks  Rolling Eyes

Sorry guys!  Embarassed I totally agree. I just noticed that too late, because it did not show the pictures in the prewiew. I`ll do that next time.

Esa
E.T.

Aevek

Re: AKG D12, D17, D20, D25 and M410...
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2009, 03:41:04 PM »

This is an old thread, but since it's talking about the D12, maybe somebody here will know what i'm talking about.

I'm trying to fix an odd clicking sound produced by an AKG D12e. It feels and sounds like it's coming from the bass chamber underneath the capsule, but since this is not my studio's microphone, I was told to research more by the head tech before I take it apart.

The sound is audible during recording (abrupt loud transients) and during manual exercising of the capsule on the leaf springs. The sound only happens when the capsule is moved more than a millimeter or so back from it's resting place.

There is no external part or wire that I can see that would cause this noise, and from my understanding, if the bass chamber is just a helmholtz resonator, there should be no parts inside of it to make noise.

I am baffled. Any thoughts?

panman

Re: AKG D12, D17, D20, D25 and M410...
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2009, 06:42:07 PM »

Please, comply to the ground rules and use your real name, when posting!
Appears to be a grounding-problem, but a short audio-sample would help to identify the problem. The capsule is attached to the inner shockmount and that has to be grounded too. Maybe check it!
Regards,
       Esa
E.T.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 16 queries.