R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spit Static & Resonance Boom...cause & cure...???  (Read 3661 times)

MoonMix

• Real Full Name: mark4man
Spit Static & Resonance Boom...cause & cure...???
« on: May 18, 2011, 01:21:57 PM »

klaus (& everyone)...

please check out this short audio clip...my guitarist recorded it at his project studio w/ an AT4040 thru an old behringer eurorack:

(it's a 16-Bit .WAV w/ an embedded browser play console): http://www.moonmixstudios.com/wavlinks.htm

from the hornsby song 'talk of the town', the female vocalist sings: 'they say, you're running with the wrong set...the boy is someone you should never have met'

now...for the lyrics 'say', 'set' & 'someone'...the sibilance there has caused, what sounds like on system, a sort of static crackle...(the waveforms have quick spikes that look like the type you see for clicks & pops)  [& yes...I asked her if she was spitting when she sang & the answer was unequivocally no]

and...for the lyrics 'you're', 'running', 'the' & 'is'...there is a nasty resonance ring at the attack that sounds like maybe over-modulation in the mids (if there is such a thing?) [&...these syllables don't sound so bad w/ verb & in the mix...but they're clearly not right in the raw take to begin with]

so...

1) are my above descriptions accurate ?

2) caused by mic or vocalist ?

3) what is the best way to isolate these anomalies ? ...[I run iZotope RX 2 & SPAN, but didn't see anything that stood out in the spectogram display]

4) best way to return these passages to normal ? ...[aside from notches (after ID) or gain envelopes to lasso them down in level] 

thanks much,

MoonMix 

klaus

Re: Spit Static & Resonance Boom...cause & cure...???
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 02:57:56 PM »

How about using a Mac/Safari-compatible plug in or audio file?
Klaus Heyne
German Masterworks®
www.GermanMasterworks.com

MoonMix

• Real Full Name: mark4man
Re: Spit Static & Resonance Boom...cause & cure...???
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 10:16:47 PM »

will do...

I'll post a simple .wav file link for downloading (it's a short clip)...be up there in about 5 minutes.

thanks

MM
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 24 queries.