R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MTR-90 UNBAL/BAL switch on audio cards  (Read 1367 times)

xonlocust

MTR-90 UNBAL/BAL switch on audio cards
« on: March 28, 2006, 02:05:51 AM »

hello-

i just took in a new (to me) MTR90III. one of the audio cards isn't of the same lot as the others, it looks a bit older than the others, though same PCB#.  i was switching SW101, the UNBAL/BAL switch over to UNBAL for my use on all the cards and noticed this particular older card does not have a conventional switch like the others, but rather a sort of makeshift jumper.  there are 3 bumps, and a very lightweight jumper of what seems just slightly more sturdy than aluminum foil (though gold-ish in color) was connecting the poles together.  

have you seen this in earlier versions of the audio cards, or do you suspect this a one-off field fix of some sort?  my problem is after i moved it to the UNBAL position, it feels to me like it's just barely staying on.  i did my best "re-crimping" with needle-nose pliers and trying to poke in with a screwdriver - but something just does not seem right about this connection.

thanks in advance,

xonlocust

Re: MTR-90 UNBAL/BAL switch on audio cards
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 11:19:26 AM »

in case anyone wants the resolution on this i took it to someone who knows what they're talking about, and it appears this particular card just had the top cap of the switch broken off.  to more permanently fix we jumpered the connection on the backside of the card and labeled the card as such. ultimately i should get a new switch.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 16 queries.