R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Monitor advice wanted  (Read 3192 times)

bblackwood

Monitor advice wanted
« on: April 10, 2011, 09:26:31 PM »

Originally Posted by: Gregg Janman on Sun, 07 November 2010

Hey all,

Thanks in advance for any helpful nuggets of wisdom!

As some of you know, I've only been mastering professionally for about a year, although I've been doping it to my own and my friends mixes for the last ten years or so. As you may also know, for that whole period I have been using Yamaha MSP5 monitors, in the same room, which I have come to know and love.

Next year, we'll probably be re-locating to Milan, from Yokohama, and at that time I am imagining I'll have about UK £2000 (around US$3,200) to spend on monitors. I am open to all recommendations, whether new or second hand, and I also understand that monitor choice is an extremely subjective area. Also, I probably won't be able to audition any pairs in situ. I am only really interested in active designs.

I have long been interested in the Focal Twin 6 Be, and could probably afford a pair new. On the other hand, my hi-fi/engineer friend in the UK has the following speakers for sale second hand, at around the £2K point:

Tannoy AMS8 Active

ATC SCM 20A SL

Do you have any experience with any of the above mentioned? Would you recommend them for mastering? At the moment, I am thinking the ATCs might be the right choice.

Once again, any advice gratefully received!

Best wishes,

Gregg Janman

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gregg Janman

http://hermetechmastering.com
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 18 queries.