R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Steve, pre-EA  (Read 2517 times)

Adam P

Steve, pre-EA
« on: December 12, 2005, 05:27:13 PM »

Steve, if you might be so generous, would you please share with us some background and information on your recording days before you opened Electrical Audio?  I feel that I know a little from reading various sources, such as that you worked out of your house and used a Soundcraft 200 series board (or maybe it was a 600 series?) and an Otari MX-5050 8-track machine (and please correct me if I'm wrong).

I'm curious as to some of the other aspects of your setup and how you ran it.  First, obviously, what is some of the other equipment that you used and perhaps considered invaluable to your setup?  What were your room(s) like?  How did you bill for your time?  At what point did you decide to forego your day job for recording full-time, and did it effect how you approached projects in any way?  Did you carry over any of your equipment from your home studio to Electrical, or begin with a blank slate?  Anything else you'd care to share with those who may be looking to build a serious home studio?

I thank you in advance for any and all info that you share.  I realize that this is a lot to ask from a man who probably does not have a lot of free time, and I know that your advice will be valuable to many that wish to set up successful home studios and see you as an example of where a lot of hard work can lead.  Thanks again.

Edit:  If any of this info has been compiled or discussed at length somewhere else, please don't hesitate to direct us to it rather than rehash all the details.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 17 queries.