R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Whatcha' working on?  (Read 19118 times)

jdg

Re: Whatcha' working on?
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2011, 03:08:07 AM »

this weekend, did 3 different sequences and spacings for a band, and doing a remodel at our bakery (wife is still there right now while i rest my feets)
John McCaig
-the caption captain

lowland

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2011, 05:03:43 AM »

I did the Icelandic entry this year. A great recording and upbeat song, but it comes with a sad undertone; the singer and songwriter Sjonni Brink unexpectedly died at age 36 (just 2 days after I mastered the song). On the wish of his family, his friends are now taking his song to the contest, singing it for him. I just mastered the new version, without his vocals, and needless to say, it was a strange and emotional experience.
Tragic, Robin - ATB to the Iceland entry. I see Iceland and Cyprus are in different semis, and there's a chance they might both meet the UK and Germany in the final!

The ESC has been a little thread through my audio life, starting with demos for the UK song in the 80s and more recently mastering previous entries for Poland and Cyprus. The latter a couple of years ago was the one that due to a scheduling quirk was also mastered by Ted Jensen, whereupon I had a great moment of affirmation on discovering that a) with no cross-referral he and I had made almost identical EQ and dynamic choices and b) the producer couldn't tell them apart - I was proud that day.
Nigel Palmer
Lowland Masters
www.lowlandmasters.com

Jerry Tubb

• Real Full Name: Jerry Tubb
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2011, 08:35:49 AM »

Recently finished a compilation disc KUT Live Vol. 10, 90.5 FM in Austin. 22 tracks, a wide variety of songwriter oriented "real" music. A nice mixture of regional, national, and international artists. We nearly always push the CD length limit with these discs. You can't buy the disc, only available to subscribers of KUT, our NPR affiliate.

Friday I mastered a pair of singles for Sarah Pierce a wonderful local songwriter, a special release for her upcoming tour to Italy. After that I resequenced a master for a local Americana band Radio TeXXas.

Today, mastering a 12 song upcoming release for Rich Ellis from Dallas.

Tomorrow, I'll be freestyling, riding high, and going to Ray Benson's birthday bash. Celebrating another trip around the Sun for both Ray and myself.

Wednesday, mastering a 7 song EP for a Texas Country artist.

Thursday, mastering a four song rock EP, then off to the annual SXSW Grammy Party, hoping to run into Doug Sax, Bob Ludwig, Allan Corneau and other master dignitaries.

Friday, recovering from all the SXSW conviviality, catching up on mastering work, and welcoming any visitors for studio tours.

Best, JT
Terra Nova Mastering
Celebrating 25 years of Mastering!

Michael Hynes

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2011, 11:07:40 AM »

Working on some interesting instrumental tracks for a great Dobro player. Interestingly the
compositions involve a prototype instrument made by Moog. These tracks should be part of
the product launch. Also have a traditional Blue grass thing coming in followed by a classical
guitar duo. Then the wait for my new Foote control systems mastering edition compressor
in custom red  ;).

adamgonsa

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2011, 11:49:25 AM »

This weekend it was work for a client that does covers of blues/jazz vocal artists (Etta James, Billie Holiday, etc).  It's one of those projects that keeps slowly expanding.

Today it's an attended session with a local Portland indie-pop artist.  Really catchy songwriter and arranger.

Wednesday and Thursday it's more work for a local cassette/vinyl only record label.  They do a comp a month and usually a full release once every 6 weeks or so.  Terrific guys/girls and some of my favorite clients.
Adam Gonsalves
Telegraph Mastering

adamgonsa

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2011, 11:50:35 AM »

this weekend, did 3 different sequences and spacings for a band...
What gives?  I thought you were done with working on the weekend.
Adam Gonsalves
Telegraph Mastering

SafeandSoundMastering

• Real Full Name: Barry Gardner
  • My analogue rack
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2011, 02:23:50 PM »

Today I have been working on a heavy 303 acid techno album, nosebleed I believe, I have some choral works later in the week and some dubstep tracks and an album of what appears to be old demo material. Quite a mix up.
Barry Gardner
SafeandSound Mastering UK based online mastering studio.

jdg

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2011, 04:00:56 PM »

What gives?  I thought you were done with working on the weekend.

had no time during the week, plus THE BAND NEEDED IT ASAP. (even tho the are spending time to listen to all three different sequences and edits... so. :/ )

also, the bakery looks AMAZING.
i spent most of the weekend on a ladder changing light fixtures on a 20 foot ceilings.
John McCaig
-the caption captain

bblackwood

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2011, 05:02:53 PM »

also, the bakery looks AMAZING.
i spent most of the weekend on a ladder changing light fixtures on a 20 foot ceilings.
Pics or it didn't happen.
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters

Cass Anawaty

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2011, 09:47:24 PM »

Recently finished a compilation disc KUT Live Vol. 10, 90.5 FM in Austin. 22 tracks, a wide variety of songwriter oriented "real" music. A nice mixture of regional, national, and international artists. We nearly always push the CD length limit with these discs. You can't buy the disc, only available to subscribers of KUT, our NPR affiliate.
Hey JT,
Been meaning to say "nice work" on the compilation record that was released around Christmas time.  A friend from Austin sends it to me every year.

Did an EP I really enjoyed from a local band called "Rate of Rise", a record of Brazilian Jazz by a group called "Na Mesa" that was really fun, and am starting production on a country/pop record soon for an artist named Kurt Van Meter this month.

As an artist, am going to get cranking on a trip-hop lounge record soon.  That genre has some of the coolest sounds going on these days....very inspiring.  Would also like to get a record of solo acoustic pieces done this year, but I say that every year.   ;D
Cass Anawaty, Mastering Engineer
www.sunbreakmusic.com

Jerry Tubb

• Real Full Name: Jerry Tubb
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2011, 11:34:25 PM »

Hey JT,
Been meaning to say "nice work" on the compilation record that was released around Christmas time.  A friend from Austin sends it to me every year.

Grazie! You must be referring to KGSR Broadcasts Vol. 18.

Would also like to get a record of solo acoustic pieces done this year, but I say that every year.   ;D

I feel you bro' ...I've been procrastinating on doing my jazz/blues guitar record for over 20 years! Plumber with leaky pipes at home.

JT
Terra Nova Mastering
Celebrating 25 years of Mastering!

jdg

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2011, 02:17:53 AM »

those lights were all my doing! hrrmmff
John McCaig
-the caption captain

Patrik_T

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2011, 07:05:15 AM »

X

Ed Littman

• Real Full Name: Ed Littman
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2011, 11:32:43 PM »

Cookies or it didn't happen....

Ed Littman

• Real Full Name: Ed Littman
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2011, 12:00:26 AM »

On Topic,
Today finished Illinoise Paysons album. ready for a vinyl cut. punk county blues any one?

Just finished mastering a great pop singer/ songwriter Mary Jennings. very dense & interesting mixes.

This week worked with an eastern european rock band NOTTERDAM. Geat guys!

just finished mastering a prog rock group Tao. great musicians & awsome arrangments.

recently finished producing/playing some funk redo trax for dope brother records.
http://www.traxsource.com/index.php?act=show&fc=tpage&cr=titles&cv=81039

tomorrow doing some final mix tweaks on the funky version of the mamas & papas monday monday for the same label.

lots of fun going on here....
Ed
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.