R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My new setup...  (Read 1896 times)

keevhren

My new setup...
« on: December 07, 2005, 08:17:48 PM »

Ok, so Ive been dabbling in recording for a few years, very amateur when it comes to it all, but this past year I've started to learn a lot more, saved up some cash, and bought some (hopefully) decent equipment to start demoing some songs with. So here is what I'm workin with...

Computer:

Dell Inspiron 8500 with an Intel Pentium 4 Mobile CPU 2.40Ghz 1.20Ghz and 512 mb of ram.  The harddive on the computer is down to 6gb, but i have an external with 179gb left so space isnt an issue really (i think).

Software:

Cakewalk Sonar 5 Producers Edition

Hardware:

Alesis Multimix 16 Firewire Mixer for my main interface
(I also have an M-Audio Mobile Pre USB interface)
Nady DMK 7 Drum Mic Kit with 4 x DM70 mics, 1 x DM80, and 2 x CM88
Marshall MXL 990 Condenser Mic
3 x Nady SP 5 Dynamic Mics
a handful of other random (inexpensive) mics
ALtec Lansing speaker/subwoofer for my computer

I've done recordings before, they werent that good but they were not terrible either, and I am about to use my new setup (the alesis mixer as opposed to running all drum channels into my old behringer mixer and then the outs into the mobile preusb) for the first time.  Obviously miking drums is a lot of trial and error, but I am sure there are some of you who could at least give me some basic tips to get me headed in the right direction.  I know basics of recording, have read a couple books and am up with most terminology, I just dont have much actual experience in recording thus far.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh and the kit to be miked is 1 snare, 1 bass, 3 toms, hi-hat, ride, 2 crash, and 1 wu-han.  Punk/Hardcore along the veins of bad religion, strike anywhere, propagandhi, minor threat.

Thanks and hope to hear some good tips.  And I'm glad to be on the forums finally.

-Robert
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 18 queries.