R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DX vs. VST  (Read 3521 times)

Ken Barlow

DX vs. VST
« on: November 20, 2005, 11:30:51 AM »

When installing plug-ins, many of them give you the option of DX or VST. I tryed both and don't really hear a differance in sound or see a differance in cpu load. Whats the differance or advantage of either?

KB
If it wasn't for the long hours and low pay, I would have gotten outta this business years ago.

Bob Olhsson

Re: DX vs. VST
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 09:23:29 PM »

I think it depends on the particular application and the particular plug-in. For example in Samplitude, only VST can be automated. Some plug-ins are also buggier in one format than the other.

Choices are good!

leban (giancarlo)

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2005, 07:25:25 AM »

Bob Olhsson wrote on Wed, 23 November 2005 02:23

I think it depends on the particular application and the particular plug-in. For example in Samplitude, only VST can be automated. Some plug-ins are also buggier in one format than the other.

Choices are good!

sound and cpu-load is the same. There is only a different protocol interface to your host (the application). For the user... no any difference but in the vst world you could automate plugin parameters (if the host supports this features), in directx world this is not possible. Vst plugins are organized in os directories and you can move them, group them in directories. Anyway a directx plug has a slightly easier installation procedure because you haven't a vst-directory!
Acustica Audio: resistence is useless!

H2000

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2005, 06:51:54 PM »

I automate DX plugin parameters all the time in Vegas.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 16 queries.