R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 46   Go Down

Author Topic: The Chicago test results...  (Read 157142 times)

rnicklaus

Re: The Chicago test results...
« Reply #615 on: December 02, 2005, 03:26:59 PM »

Malice,

What's your point?  

You and I have around the same number of posts on REP, yet MARSH is where you usually post.

Most of my posts were on one topic in a 14 day period of time.

Again, your point?

I know I had a blast, but the topic is almost dead.

This is another no meat semi personal attack post with no real back up.  So, there are a number of posts on a "hot" topic. No shit.

Your contribution other than personal attacks is what?

R.N.

malice

« Reply #616 on: December 02, 2005, 03:38:36 PM »

rnicklaus wrote on Fri, 02 December 2005 21:26

Malice,

What's your point?  

You and I have around the same number of posts on REP, yet MARSH is where you usually post.

Most of my posts were on one topic in a 14 day period of time.

Again, your point?

I know I had a blast, but the topic is almost dead.

This is another no meat semi personal attack post with no real back up.  So, there are a number of posts on "hot" a topic. No shit.

Your contribution other than personal attacks is what?

My point is what the heck would justify this amount of posts you made on a single subject. Did you need that much to justify your position ?
I might have as many post count as you, but I don't think I have made them all in a single thread like you did.

I don't mean to try to enter another fight with you randy. I just want to understand why this debate was passionate (for you and some others) to the point of spending that much time writing about it.

If you see this as a personal attack, I am sorry. but you did not respond to my question. As for my contribution, please, I stated my views on several occasions, allow me not to post them 120 more times. I don't see the purpose of it.

This is not personal, rest assure.

But you have to admit the interesting part of the discussion could be contained in no more than 4 pages. So what about the rest of them ?

malice

Rail Jon Rogut

« Reply #617 on: December 02, 2005, 03:57:26 PM »

Most of my posts have either been technical in nature or keeping the thread on topic...  reminding folks what this is really about.

None of my posts have been promoting any product or maligning another.

I believe my last post summed it up fairly well.

Rail
Recording Engineer

www.platinumsamples.com

Engineered Drums for BFD & Superior Drummer 2.0

rnicklaus

« Reply #618 on: December 02, 2005, 04:11:54 PM »

Malice,

In many cases I believe I needed to post that many posts to keep the thread on track from hedging so far out in space that some starting talking about the moons of Jupiter when this was all about a volcano in Chicago, using a far out metaphor.

Many may disagree.

All good.  But some were trying to change parameters, talk about shit that didn't happen, make shit up about bloom and all sorts of horseshit.

R.N.

malice

« Reply #619 on: December 02, 2005, 04:16:33 PM »

rnicklaus wrote on Fri, 02 December 2005 22:11

Malice,

In many cases I believe I needed to post that many posts to keep the thread on track from hedging so far out in space that some starting talking about the moons of Jupiter when this was all about a volcano in Chicago, using a far out metaphor.

Many may disagree.

All good.  But some were trying to change parameters, talk about shit that didn't happen, make shit up about bloom and all sorts of horseshit.

Fine by me Randy

no malice intended (well, I had to do it once)

Wink

malice

rnicklaus

« Reply #620 on: December 02, 2005, 04:24:12 PM »

FYI, by my rough count, around 99 of my posts were done starting when my house had the first guests arrive on the 22nd, to the last leaving on the 28th over a LOOOOOONG Thanksgiving weekend.

Oh yeah, I love family vists.  NOT!
R.N.

malice

« Reply #621 on: December 02, 2005, 04:25:33 PM »

Rail Jon Rogut wrote on Fri, 02 December 2005 21:57

Most of my posts have eiher been technical in nature or keeping the thread on topic...  reminding folks what this is really about.

None of my posts have been promoting any product or maligning another.

I believe my last post summed it up fairly well.

Rail

Rail,

I put you first on the list cause you have not posted as much as the others.

My point was we are all rather passionate fellaws (like SLippy said) and we are strongly advocating our ways of doing things and we are defending the tools we chose to achieve our passion. Mixerman, you, Slipperman, me, anyone in this thread.

I wish we could all conclude that our views might digress, but our passion remains the same. We can debate about the "bass loss" another 40 pages, it won't change our respective opinions.

So how about picking our weapon of choice and record some music ...

You take PT, mixerman Radar, and I will pick what's left, as usual Very Happy

hmmm ?

peace

malice

malice

« Reply #622 on: December 02, 2005, 04:27:04 PM »

rnicklaus wrote on Fri, 02 December 2005 22:24

FYI, by my rough count, around 99 of my posts were done starting when my house had the first guests arrive on the 22nd, to the last leaving on the 28th over a LOOOOOONG Thanksgiving weekend.

Oh yeah, I love family vists.  NOT!

My mother in law comes the 24th ...

I can relate to ya

malice

Ron Steele

« Reply #623 on: December 02, 2005, 04:30:10 PM »

Malice wrote:

"What is you real aggenda here ?

I'm starting to wonder.

Don't tell me the pursuit of the truth, you ain't fooling me.

I like a lot of piece of gears, but I wouldn't spend over 150 posts to defend them..

This is ludicrous."

------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------------------

Malice, are you shitting me?

04/06/02

06/30/02

Mixerman had 80 posts on the duc:

http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB16& amp;  amp;Number=136869&Forum=f16&Words=&Searchpage=0& amp;  amp;Limit=81&Main=136698&Search=true&where=bodys  ub&Name=27148&daterange=1&newerval=&newertyp e=w&olderval=&oldertype=y&bodyprev=#Post136869

http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB16& amp;  amp;Number=136147&Forum=f16&Words=&Searchpage=0& amp;  amp;Limit=81&Main=136008&Search=true&where=bodys  ub&Name=27148&daterange=1&newerval=&newertyp e=w&olderval=&oldertype=y&bodyprev=#Post136147

http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB16& amp;  amp;Number=133150&Forum=f16&Words=&Searchpage=0& amp;  amp;Limit=81&Main=132843&Search=true&where=bodys  ub&Name=27148&daterange=1&newerval=&newertyp e=w&olderval=&oldertype=y&bodyprev=#Post133150

http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB16& amp;  amp;Number=133593&Forum=f16&Words=&Searchpage=0& amp;  amp;Limit=81&Main=133542&Search=true&where=bodys  ub&Name=27148&daterange=1&newerval=&newertyp e=w&olderval=&oldertype=y&bodyprev=#Post133593

http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB16& amp;  amp;Number=129673&Forum=f16&Words=&Searchpage=0& amp;  amp;Limit=81&Main=129366&Search=true&where=bodys  ub&Name=27148&daterange=1&newerval=&newertyp e=w&olderval=&oldertype=y&bodyprev=#Post129673

And all of these .......80........posts are the reason for the chicago test.

{edited}

oops,

add one more on for me.

"I have had PLENTY of my posts torched on other boards. It kind of goes with the territory of pushing the envelope. Their house, their rules. Why can't everyone GET this?"

jimmyjazz

« Reply #624 on: December 02, 2005, 04:34:36 PM »

rnicklaus wrote on Fri, 02 December 2005 16:11

But some were trying to change parameters, talk about shit that didn't happen, make shit up about bloom and all sorts of horseshit.

"Bloom".

When AEs start using audiophile jargon, the argument is over.

rnicklaus

« Reply #625 on: December 02, 2005, 04:39:44 PM »

Malice,

There is no contention from me anyway, that anybody should change gear because of this or any other test.

R.N.

malice

« Reply #626 on: December 02, 2005, 04:40:43 PM »

Ron Steele wrote on Fri, 02 December 2005 22:30

Malice, are you shitting me?

The question should be, did MM have an agenda?

And malice, why are you tracking our posts so closely?

Do you have an agenda?

Just joking malice, but it is what it is .

oops,

add one more on for me.

Not tracking your post, my wife is watching french version of american idol, and I cannot stand it, so I suddenly have time on my hands ...

seriously, I explained the reason of all this in my last post ...

We are passionate guys, and we are actually defending our rig because it reflects our philosophy of work. I do think PT have limitations and so is RADAR and 2" reel to reel. It would be unfair not to admit we are a bit religious about it (and that was the reason I responded to rail).

So yes, we all have aggendas ...

btw, I was merely trying to offer a way to conclude this over sized thread.

In all peace

malice

(guys, help me, I cannot be more positive than that, it would ruin my reputation)

malice

« Reply #627 on: December 02, 2005, 04:41:59 PM »

rnicklaus wrote on Fri, 02 December 2005 22:39

Malice,

There is no contention from me anyway, that anybody should change gear because of this or any other test.

I doubt someone would do it anyway

gee, my post count is climbing too

malice

RKrizman

« Reply #628 on: December 02, 2005, 04:47:55 PM »

malice wrote on Fri, 02 December 2005 16:41

gee, my post count is climbing too

malice

Isn't a high post count the whole point?

(one more for me)

-R

Ron Steele

« Reply #629 on: December 02, 2005, 04:52:53 PM »

Malice wrote:

"We are passionate guys, and we are actually defending our rig because it reflects our philosophy of work."

------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------

Malice, what is there to defend?

And who is......... we?

And where.... did any PT guy attack...we....or you, for your choice of platform or philosophy of work?

Show me, any where on the Internet, where this happened to you or....we.

Were all passionate, and this this test only exists for that reason.

And....... MM and his claim was the catalyst and reason for the test.
 "I have had PLENTY of my posts torched on other boards. It kind of goes with the territory of pushing the envelope. Their house, their rules. Why can't everyone GET this?"
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 46   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 21 queries.